While private courier services levy different rates for different destinations, India Post’s Speed Post rates are uniform throughout the country. With its One India, One rate policy the rates are fixed for any place in India as Rs 18.00 per 50 grams of parcel or letter, with service tax imposed by the Government in addition.
Speed Post is one of the services of India Post also known as Bhartiya Dak. India Post comes under Ministry of Communication and Information Technology and India Post offer complete courier solutions in all over India. Speed Post was established in Aug 1986. This courier services by India Post, includes Letters, Parcels (lightweight to heavyweight), gifts and documents from all over the world.
Advantages of Speed Post
When it comes to sending a post to someone in another city or in a different part of the same city, many people are now opting for speed post. There are various advantages of speed post which is the reason for the increasing popularity of this service, the foremost being reliability. When you need to get something delivered on an urgent basis then you can depend on speed post. This service is provided by the Indian Post Office. Some of the benefits of speed post are listed below. there are more Advantages of Speed Post Over Normal Post are listed below.
- It is reliable and the post is safe. When you send a post through this service then you wonâ€™t have to worry about the post getting misplaced.
- You can track the post- another advantage of speed post is that you can easily track and see where the post is at a particular moment. For instance, if you are sending a parcel from Delhi to Chennai then you can track the movement and can check when it is delivered. This can be done online and is convenient.
- Affordable- one of the main advantages of speed post is that as compared to the other courier services that are offered in the country, this service is cheaper.
- It can be used for sending letters and for parcels weighing up to 35 kgs.
- You can send the parcel or post anywhere in the world. It is a time-bound service and you can expect the post to be delivered within the time frame.
These are some of the benefits of speed post that makes it better than normal post and the reason behind the growing popularity.
Express and Fast Delivery
Receiving Confirmation / Status check
National and International Network
Online Tracking System
Responsive Customer Care
Other than the facilities mentioned above the Speed posts also is available for the letters, parcels and other articles that can be delivered in approximately 24 to 72 hours anywhere in India. The major pro of using the speed post service is that the customer is free from the hassle free delivery of the goods. The tracking system of the speed post helps in getting the status of the assignment that has been sending using the service. The cost of sending the consignments is quite low if compared to the courier services that operate individually.
Speed Post Delivery Service Standards
|AVERAGE TIME TAKEN|
|Local *||1-2 Days|
|State Capital to State Capital||1-4 Days|
|Same State||1-4 Days|
|Rest of the Country||4-5 Days|